Historic House & Artist Studio
Located in the El Cid Historic Neighborhood of West Palm Beach, with expansive views of the Intracoastal Waterway, the house was designed in 1925 by well-known architect Maurice Fatio. It features coquina pathways, pecky cypress ceilings, and beautiful gardens. In 1935 Norton Museum of Art founders, Ralph Hubbard and Elizabeth Calhoun Norton purchased the house and engaged Marion Sims Wyeth to redesign it in the Monterey Revival Style, as seen today. In 1948, the widowed Ralph Norton married Ann Weaver, sculptor instructor at the Norton Gallery and School of Art. That same year Norton invited Wyeth to design a studio for Mrs. Norton. The house, studio and gardens were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.